WE MAKE ELD
We are Your Go-To
Source for Fleet
Compliance? We’ve Got You Covered.
New regulations for electronic logging devices (ELDs) mandate the use of ELDs for records of duty status. So what does that mean for your fleet? Peace of mind. Because whether your fleet is comprised of heavy trucks or delivery vans, We have everything you need to meet compliance.
In fact, we make ELD as easy as 1-2-3:
We’re the go-to source for everything you need to know about ELDs.
We provide leading-edge solutions to help you meet compliance with ease.
We’re in this together. We offer support for your fleet when you need it.
Get the Facts
What's an ELD?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) defines an electronic logging device (or ELD) as “technology that automatically records a driver’s driving time and other aspects of the hours-of-service (HOS) records.”
What’s the ELD Rule?
According to the FMCSA, the ELD rule will “improve roadway safety by employing technology to strengthen commercial truck and bus drivers with hours-of-service regulations that prevent fatigue."
This is a Win-Win for Your Fleet.
ELDs are your friend. Why? Because they will actually help you save time, money and lives by letting you do the following:
- Cut down on paperwork, saving time and money
- Reduce administration costs
- Increase the efficiency of record-keeping and inspections
- Minimize violations, prevent accidents and save lives
- Deliver real-time access to information
- Show up-to-date logbook information to law enforcement/DOT
- Improve your CSA safety ratings by managing the factors that drive your HOS BASIC score
What You Can Expect:
Will the ELD Rule Affect Your Fleet?
The short answer is “yes.” Basically, the ELD rule applies to all CMV carriers operating across state lines. Also, drivers who maintain 8 or more days of duty status logs (out of 30 days) will require an ELD. However, there are exceptions for drivers who aren’t required to keep records of duty status (RODS), as well as drivers who use:
- RODS for not more than 8 days during any 30-day period
- Vehicles older than model year 2000
- Driveaway/towaway vehicles — as long as they are part of the shipment
All affected motor carriers and drivers must use either an ELD or AOBRD (automatic on-board recording device).
All motor carriers and drivers subject to the rule must use only ELDs. For more information on compliance, please visit the FMCSA’s website.
Geotab Garmin® Bundle
The Geotab Garmin Bundle is a reliable and user-friendly fleet platform for tracking, managing, and sharing records of duty status (RODS). The industrial-grade hardware and specialized truck maps and routing is optimal for long-haul commercial truck use.
Ready to see how we can help you
run your fleet more efficiently?
Fleet Compliance Management:
DVIR, HOS, IFTA
When it comes to technology and staying compliant with regulations set forth by the FMCSA, it is essential to choose a partner to grow with. Learn how Geotab makes it easy to stay ahead of potential issues by bringing together telematics solutions that are easy to use with in-cab mobile connected device choices that make tracking a turnkey program.
Driver Vehicle Inspection Reporting (DVIR)
- Complete end-to-end inspection workflow.
- Drivers select defects, add comments, review previous inspections and certify that the repair performed fixed the defect(s) identified.
- Inspections show defect(s), who identified the defect(s) and who did the repair.
- Reports in MyGeotab can be sorted to show all DVIRs or just those with defects, those that have been repaired and those that have been certified as repaired — offering great visibility into the health of the fleet.
Hours of Service (HOS)
Geotab Drive users can manage driver log reports and vehicle inspection data all in one, user-friendly platform. HOS regulations aim to improve safety by keeping fatigued drivers off the road. Fleets that meet the compliance requirements have a lower chance of accidents, injuries and fatalities related to operating commercial motor vehicles. HOS is one of three compliance efforts that also include IFTA and CSA.
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Management
Under IFTA, businesses that operate heavy commercial vehicles between states are required to track all fuel expenses and distances traveled. Geotab’s software not only saves management time by removing the manual process of tracking miles by state, but it also improves accuracy.
Geotab uniquely and seamlessly integrates compliance tools such as Hours of Service, IFTA mileage collection, DVIR into a cost effective software suite that includes Driving Safety, Productivity and Fleet Maintenance Management as well as Marketplace Add-Ins to further integrate the data with applications that are important to the running of the business. Geotab views this integrated approach as essential for any small or large business to see the “big picture” in business operations.